Thanks for taking the time to read this blog – hopefully you’ll find something interesting. If you do – please comment, or drop me a line.
I’m a history buff, have been for as long as I can remember.
I’ll relate past memories of historical interest later, but for now I think we need to share what it is I plan to focus on as long as this blog continues (which I hope is for quite a while.)
Nova Scotia History!
I am a novice at this, an amateur historian who loves to focus on the Annapolis Valley. Currently I am researching, and hoping to share, on the following topics:
- Colonel Samuel Vetch Bayard (Loyalist – Wilmot)
- Sqn Ldr William Christison, DFC (404 Squadron Pilot, killed 25 March 1945)
- Brigadier Timothy Dwight Ruggles, Jr (Loyalist – Wilmot)
- Colonel James De lancey (Loyalist – Tupperville area)
- CFB Greenwood history (1942-1950)
- 404 Squadron History (1941 – 1945)
- Forgotten homesteads and architectural history
- Old NS highways (off the beaten path)
- Metal detecting in the Annapolis Valley
- Odds and sods !